We hope to offer Mirror of Nature programs again in 2022. Individual and small group experiences can be created on request.
Leadership is what we are called to when the fullness of who we are - our unique way of being and our authentic presence - meets the world’s needs. Leadership in this sense is not a static position that we hold in a job, community service, or our personal lives. Leadership is skillful, intentional action offered to an organization, community, or group to address immediate and day-to-day needs as well as in service to long-range vision, mission, and goals.
The Four Shields of Human Nature offers a unique framework for understanding ourselves in leadership as well as the organizations in which we work and serve. An eco-psychological model developed by Steven Foster and Meredith Little (School of Lost Borders) invites a conversation with the natural world that informs our personal leadership and dynamics within our organizations.
This retreat is designed for people in leadership positions or aspiring to leadership roles; teams within organizations; board of directors; and anyone who wants to contribute to a discussion of leadership and organizations informed by our own experience and by the natural world.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the relevance of the natural world to leadership and organizations.
- Relate the Four Shields of Human Nature to leadership and organizational dynamics
- Identify a personal leadership profile using the Four Shields of Human Nature
- Apply the Four Shields of Human Nature to current questions about personal leadership and organizational dynamics
- Practice collaborative coaching techniques
- Practice listening skills in small groups, between individuals,and in nature.
- Practice “mirroring” of individual and group experiences in nature
- Explore dispositions for action in leadership and organizational situations
- Practice emotional agility, the ability to bring the right amount of the right emotion to a given situation
- Identify elements of an effective request and response
- Examine how to handle critical conversations and apply to personal leadership or organizational situations
- Discuss the components of trust, how to build trust and rebuild trust.
- Create an action plan for next steps in personal leadership and organizational dynamics.
- Identify resources for continued learning and development in leadership, organizations, and the Four Shields of Human Nature
More program information:
- Guides: TBA
- Group Size: 8 maximum (6 needed)
- Program Fee: Sliding scale from $650 - $1050 (covers camping registration, basecamp amenities, and guide expenses)
- Registration Fee: $150 (non-refundable)
For questions or to register, please contact us.